We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy and any other documents referred to in it explains how we collect, use and protect your personal data.
Your personal data will be held by us in accordance with the English Data Protection Act 1998 and the Dutch Data Protection Act (Wet bescherming persoonsgegevens) (collectively, the Privacy Laws). For the purpose of the Privacy Laws, the data controller is Elliott Advisors (UK) Limited of Park House, 116 Park Street, London W1K 6AF. We are registered as a data controller in the United Kingdom with certificate of registration reference number Z6487073.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our sites www.fairvalueforNXP.com; www.fairvalueforNXP.co.uk and www.fairvalueforNXP.nl (together, our sites). This includes information (such as your email address) provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access, without identifying your identity or profiling your activities.
MANDATORY AND OPTIONAL DATA - CONSEQUENCES OF NOT PROVIDING YOUR DATA
You must provide your data for registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material, requesting further services or reporting a problem with our site. If you do not wish us to process your data for such purposes, it’s possible that we will not be able to provide certain services.
Providing your data in relation to surveys or to receive marketing material is optional and your data will only be collected subject to your consent. Not providing your data for these purposes will not have any negative consequences for you.
We may collect information about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type, for site security and administration but not for profiling purposes.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND DATA RETENTION
The data that we collect from you will generally be held only within the European Economic Area (EEA). However, from time to time we may transfer your data to, or authorize access to it by, affiliated companies, including entities outside the EEA, in order that your data may be processed for the purposes set out below. In these circumstances, we will ensure that any export of personal data outside the EEA is made in compliance with the requirement of the Privacy Laws to ensure adequate protection for data subjects (for example using the terms of the European Commission Standard Contractual Clauses).
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access by adopting all the minimum security measures necessary according to the kind of processing.
Your personal data will be kept for a period not exceeding that which is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, after which it will be destroyed or rendered anonymous.
METHODS OF PROCESSING AND USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We process your data electronically or in hard copy form. We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, in relation to the registration to this site and any related services.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information, for the same purposes, to any of our affiliated companies.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Elliott Advisors (UK) Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about users of the site will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Elliott Advisors (UK) Limited, our customers or others.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Compliance-UK@elliottadvisors.co.uk.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Privacy Laws give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Privacy Laws. In addition, you can exercise your update, correction, integration, cancellation and objection rights when data are processed unlawfully and you can object to the processing of data on legitimate grounds or to the receipt of marketing material or for research purposes.